Home is where the heart is, where family is, where peace of mind comes first and safety reigns supreme. This season, home safety is at the top of everyone’s wish list as we all look to take precautions against pathogens to reduce our risk of illness as much as possible. While we all try to stay diligent in taking the proper precautions recommended by health experts, our homes can still become vulnerable to germs and bacteria.
Here are three ways to best protect your home from unwanted microscopic visitors this season.
1. Follow Public Health Guidelines
This is the best place to start. By now, health officials have determined a few small things everyone can do to slow the spread of germs and stay healthy this winter. These include:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow
- Wear a mask or face covering when out in public
- Stay home and away from others if feeling ill
- Follow updates and guidelines from local health officials
A full list of recommendations can be found on the Health Canada website. Sticking to these guidelines is Step 1 in maintaining a safe and healthy home this season.
2. Limit Non-Essential Travel
Many regions in Ontario – and across Canada – are operating under different regulations to slow the spread of illness. To best protect your home, it’s a good idea to limit going out in public as much as possible. If you must go out, for work or for essential items, adhere to public safety guidelines. When it shops or retailers, make sure they have the proper safety precautions in place. If travelling to another region, be sure to check to see if your destination has different public health regulations in place.
By limiting time in public spaces, which can often spread germs, you can reduce the risk of inadvertently allowing pathogens into your home.
3. Completely Disinfect Your Home with SteraMist®
While taking these precautions is vital in slowing the spread of germs, areas of your home, from countertops and light switches to more hard-to-reach surfaces, may still be hotspots. With SteraMist®, your home can be completely disinfected with virtually no downtime. SteraMist® targets all surfaces in your home with innovative technology to ensure all surfaces are completely decontaminated and free from illness-causing germs. By disinfecting your home with SteraMist®, your space will be cleaned with a solution that:
- Kills pathogens on contact
- Applied in seconds, effective in minutes
- 100% eco-friendly
- Authorized for sale by Health Canada
- Safe for sensitive materials (paperwork, electronics, etc.)
- Fast-acting, effective, and safe
Click below to get a free quote and have your home prepared for winter today.